Booking & Information

The Concept

The WhiteRoomSupperClub is hosted in a stylish apartment overlooking London. The idea is to give people the chance to enjoy good food and meet new people in a relaxed homely atmosphere. It should just feel like a dinner party with friends. Evenings are BYO and prices vary according to the menus. Please email for reservations.
The Supper Club is located minutes from the City and the Barbican and is also close to the tube and various bus routes.

The Food

You will be served seasonal 4 course menus at the WhiteRoom. The ingredients are as far as possible locally sourced, fish comes from Steve Hatt, meat from McKenna Meat and most of the fruit and veggies from the stalls at Chapel Market.
Although menus are posted, I can always cater for dietary requirements. Just ask when booking.

Private Dinners

Having a birthday coming up or a corporate occasion to celebrate? You can book the WhiteRoom for private dinners from 8 to 25 people. Just get in touch for further details.

WhiteRoomSupperClub@hotmail.co.uk

Monday 22 June 2020

WhiteRoomSupper Club during Lockdown



At the start of this year no one would have thought this post would need to be written. I had just hosted a few Chinese tour groups for Chinese New Year celebrations, and the whole of 2020 was pinned out with regular bookings of those groups during the year...until Covid 19 came and changed the world.
It was clear that there were no supper clubs to be hosted for a while, and no Chinese tourist groups to arrive for even a longer while. 
Something had to be done, I didn't want to spend my time binge watching Netflix, advancing myself with halfhearted online courses or trying somehow to establish an "online supper club".
Volunteering it was, since March I have been helping at Food for All, cooking and distributing meals. I was also enabled to set up a team of 5 to cook and distribute 100 meals to the homeless on Trafalgar Square each Friday. 25 guests maximum at the WhiteRoom seems like a piece of cake now. WhiteRoom standards (almost) adhered to - we have been told to serve the best food on the Square ;-)
Learning so much about the people on the street, some of which only ended up there due to Covid-19 Here the more details and the GoFundMe Link. 
related job losses, desperate during lockdown, with no access to facilities, I started I non food related initiative: ToiletriesForTheStreets. I have raised over £2,000 so far and been providing emergency pack kits as in direct outreach and organised big handouts.
Covid-19 has changed my world - to the better. The opportunities I had to try new things, meet new people, see a different dimension of live in London, it definitely enriched my life.
I hope to welcome you soon again into my home - so if you have celebrations planned later this year - do get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment